Reports to: Innovation Director
Direct Reports: Two
Purpose of role:
To devise and lead the European New Product Development strategy to ensure Ella’s Kitchen have an innovative, on brand, timely and commercially sound product pipeline achieved through great cross functional working.
Role activities / responsibilities:
- Spearhead Ella’s innovation strategy in line with the overall business plan and marketing strategy to create a product pipeline for all European markets.
- Develop and deliver European innovation pipeline which oozes Ella’sness and delivers real and measurable ROI.
- Lead, manage and motivate the team to deliver product and packaging which is on time and in budget
- Drive, influence and gain alignment on Ella’s product strategy throughout the business.
- Balance the commercial priorities of the business with the strategic drive for thought leadership through pioneering products.
- Ensure all NPD initiatives support Ella’s pioneering Mission + Dream strategies.
- Embrace, embody and exude all that is special and unique about Ella’s.
- Excite and energise barns team, customers and partners with Ella’ inspiring innovation.
- Understand the market and consumers in all of our European focus markets, identifying and delivering the relevant insight and translate it into a robust product pipeline.
- Oversee design, packaging and insights budgets.
- Develop and own European packaging strategy.
- Direct strategic packaging design in line with brand guidelines across all NPD projects.
- Work with the Senior Communications Manager to ensure alignment between product and campaigns strategies.
You will need:
- Embrace, embody and exude all that is special and unique about Ella’s Kitchen
- Be truly Business Minded in your approach to projects and products
- Naturally creative and imaginative approach to innovation, product development and problem solving
- Commercial acumen with the ability to understand the complex financial issues and make informed decisions
- Great team management skills from coaching at an individual level to project team management
- Strong Product Management experience
- Knowledge of NPD with a successful record of developing products from concept to launch across different markets
- Experience of commissioning and using insight to guide product development
- FMCG experience is preferable
- Influencing skills – the ability to persuade others of the commercial and brand value of our product proposition
- Demonstrable ability to live and breathe our values: We Want to Win, We’re Business Minded, We’re Childlike, We Think Differently, We’re Good to Each Other
- Passion for the brand and what Ella’s stands for – improving children’s lives through developing healthy relationships with food.
And What you’ll Get in Return:
- Bucket loads of training and development, supporting your career pathway
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- A Box of Treats, including private medical, dental, pension, life assurance, 25 days holiday and the ability to buy more, high street discounts, a yummy breakfast every morning, pamper days, Give It A Go days… to name only a few!
- A really awesome place to come to work every day… our beautiful Barns in the Oxfordshire
Want to Apply?
Please go to the Ella’s Kitchen ‘Jobs’ page here to complete our application form. You’ll be asked to upload your CV + a short note all about why Ella’s Kitchen, and this role, is the perfect next step for you. We will be reviewing applications as we receive them so we recommend submitting your application as soon as possible! Good luck!