Location: Henley on Thames
Reports to: Head of Keeping People Happy
Direct Reports: 2 x Helps Makes the Barns Run Smoothly (Receptionist + Facilities Coordinator) + 1 x Helps sort out Little Huddle (Executive Team Administrator)
Contract: Full time – part time may be considered.
To provide cover for the permanent Facilities Manager’s sabbatical + help make sure we have a Healthy + Happy team by creating a comfortable, branded + inspiring environment to work in + organising the right IT tools to do the job.
Role Activities / Responsibilities:
Managing our Barns
- Work with the Head of Keeping People Happy to create an annual strategy + implementation plan including an IT strategy.
- Manage our external IT supplier to ensure they understand + meet our needs, inspire us with new developments + ensure our existing technology (including Telecoms) runs smoothly + issues are resolved within SLAs.
- Monitor our IT supplier to ensure users are satisfied with the service including user surveys, regular one to ones with our on-site consultant, quarterly meetings with Account Management.
- Closely manage the Barns + IT budget to ensure no overspends occur + we have a strong ROI measured by team satisfaction.
- Work with other members of the team to ensure our IT Controls + IT provision are to the standard required.
- Manage our facilities + utilities to ensure an environmentally friendly + comfortable environment.
- Make sure the basics run like clockwork – keep our Barns clean, tidy + well organised including managing our cleaning contractors + ensure regular maintenance takes place + repairs are carried out promptly.
- Coordinate desk + layout moves as our team grows.
- Liaise with our landlord on general maintenance matters.
- Manage the Green Buddies Programme, working with the Sustainability Manger to ensure our Sustainability strategy extends to our office environment.
- Work with our Health and Safety contractors to minimise health + safety risks by following their recommendations + ensure we are legally compliant.
- Ensure we have a safe + healthy working environment to look after our team + make sure we are complaint with the relevant legislation.
- Work with the TILT (Crisis Management) team to ensure business continuity plans are in place + manage critical situations at the Barns (eg loss of power, bad weather etc) via our disaster recovery procedures + work with our IT suppliers + other external contractors to ensure normal service is resumed as soon as possible.
- Live + breathe our values everyday, championing ways of working + having fun that inspire everyone in the Barns with our values.
- Support the Fun Stuff team to devise + deliver an annual calendar of team events such as charity fundraising events, celebrations for key business events such as product launches + calendar events such as Easter, back to school, Halloween + Christmas +our Christmas + Summer parties.
- Manage the Shipshape team (Receptionist + Facilities Co-ordinator) + Executive Team Administrator to make sure the Ella’s team + all our guests get a sprinkle of Ella’s magic every day. Ensure our apprentice Receptionist has all the support they need + our first apprentice placement is a success. Liaise with Henley College as needed.
- Ensure all newbies feel welcomed when they join Ella’s by organising their desk + all equipment for their first day + providing a Health & Safety, Barns + IT induction
- Run Ella’s Academy training sessions for all our teams so that everyone understands how things work in the Barns
- Organise reception cover for lunches and Receptionist holidays
You will need:
- Demonstrable ability to live + breathe our values: We Want to Win, We’re Business Minded, We’re Childlike, We think differently, We’re Good to Each other.
- Facilities Management Experience, including Iosh Health & Safety, Fire Warden + First Aid knowledge.
- Experience of successfully devising an IT strategy.
- Knowledge of harnessing, + implementing, information technology solutions for business, including Microsoft software, SAP, telecoms.
- Experience of managing an outsourced IT service, + other external suppliers/ relationships.
- Passion for the brand + what Ella’s stands for – improving children’s lives through developing healthy relationships with food.
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast paced environment.
- Inspirational people management skills.
- Bags of creativity.
- Relationship building skills – getting the best out of others to achieve the plan.
- Great communication skills.
- A results focussed mind-set with the ability to “never never give up” and find solutions to challenges.
- Strong project management skills and the tenacity to see projects through to the end
- Good numeracy and budget management skills to ensure we control our spend and maximise our ROI
- Good MS office skills
And what you’ll get in return:
- Bucket loads of training and development, supporting your career pathway
- Competitive salary
- A Box of Treats, including private medical, dental, pension, life assurance, 25 days holiday and the ability to buy more, high street discounts, a yummy breakfast every morning, pamper days, Give It A Go days… to name but a few!
- A really awesome place to come to work every day… our beautiful Barns in the Oxfordshire countryside
Want to apply?
Please go to the Ella’s Kitchen ‘Jobs’ page to complete our application form here. You’ll be asked to upload your CV + a short note all about why Ella’s Kitchen, + this role, is the perfect next step for you. We will be reviewing applications as we receive them so we recommend submitting your application as soon as possible! Good luck!