Reports to: Makes Buying Run like Clockwork (Procurement Manager)
Direct Reports: None
Contract: Full Time (Monday to Friday), 9am to 5pm
Purpose of role:
To source and set up contracts and supply for raw materials at the right cost and in the most efficient supply chain possible. The portfolio will include proteins, frozen vegetables and dried ingredients and may extend to other raw materials and packaging as required.
Role activities / responsibilities:
- Negotiate framework contracts for Raw Material supplies and support Co Manufacturers in sourcing and contracting for the materials they source.
- Own the process to track raw material costs in the supply chain. Carry out market research to understand supply, demand and pricing structures in the organic, babyfood market.
- Identify and deliver cost savings and added value in procurement of raw materials
- Support the NPD project teams in sourcing and delivering innovative new products and global product consistency through knowledge and expertise in Raw Materials
- Work closely with the ‘Rightly’ (Technical + Quality) team and our Contract Manufacturers to drive forward synergy opportunities, efficiencies, contingencies, KPIs and collaborative plans with raw material suppliers
- Build a network of contacts
- Support and drive raw materials innovation
- Provide forward forecasts to key Raw Material suppliers and manage contract status
- Provide support and research for Ella’s developing sustainability strategy
- Manage and evolve the Raw Material database to ensure all contacts, leads, and potential supplier contacts are up to date
You will need:
- Experience of Procurement ideally within a food / FMCG environment
- A commercial mindset with proven negotiation skills
- Ability to build really meaningful relationships, internally and externally
- Strong problem solving, numerical and analytical skills
- Ability to work at pace, be flexible and reprioritise your work and plans to meet the needs of the business
- Collaborative and resourceful skills to ensure the best decisions are made for Ella’s
- Ability to adapt yourself to variety of different tasks from administrative to complex and cross functional business projects
- Strong MS Excel skills
- A can-do and positive attitude, willing to muck in where help is needed
- Demonstrable ability to live and breathe our values: We Want to Win, We’re Business Minded, We’re Childlike, We Think Differently, We’re Good to Each Other
And What You’ll Get In Return:
- Bucket loads of training and development, supporting your career pathway
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- A Box of Treats, including private medical, dental, pension, life assurance, 25 days holiday and the ability to buy more, high street discounts, a yummy breakfast every morning, pamper days, Give It A Go days… to name but a few!
- A really awesome place to come to work every day… our beautiful Barns in the Oxfordshire countryside
Want to Apply?
Please go to the Ella’s Kitchen ‘Jobs’ page here to complete our application form. You’ll be asked to upload your CV + a short note all about why Ella’s Kitchen, and this role, is the perfect next step for you. We will be reviewing applications as we receive them so we recommend submitting your application as soon as possible! Good luck