Reports to: Operations Controller (Runs Making it like Clockwork)
Direct Reports: None
Contract: Full Time (Monday to Friday), 9am to 5pm, for 12 months
Ensuring Ella’s are holding the right amount of stock in the supply chain, through accurate production forecasting and stock management by working collaboratively with our suppliers
Purpose of role:
Supporting the Clockwork (Operations) team deliver their strategy, by working with our out-sourced manufacturing partners and our internal Ella’s teams, to ensure we have the right stock in the right place at the right time, reducing cost whilst maximising availability, efficiency and profitability.
Role activities / responsibilities:
- Manage production requirements, and confirm forecast and production orders to Ella’s manufacturers, to ensure we are holding the right amount of stock. This includes aligning Ella’s production requirements with manufacturing capacity, availability of raw materials, and retailer demand fluctuations.
- Develop strong working relationships with our manufacturers, taking on the role of influencer to ensure that we get the best outcome for Ella’s whilst still living our values with our suppliers. You will be the key operational contact for one of our biggest manufacturer and also for some of our other strategic partners.
- Support the development of new products by co-ordinating trials and availability of raw materials and packaging and contributing into project meetings.
- Drive improvements to the planning process and the day-to-day management of the manufacturer
- Track and report on supplier KPIs and find ways to drive improvement collaboratively
- Day to day problem solving
- Working collaboratively across the internal Ella’s teams to ensure clarity, accuracy and consistency of information flow
- Live the Ella's values and engage our suppliers in the brand
- Support the procurement team by running weekly and monthly forecast reports and issuing to suppliers; provide analysis, communicating possible challenges/risks in over or under contracting
You will need:
- Ability to work well under pressure and demonstrate that you can adapt to the fast pace and variety of FMCG supply chain
- Some production planning experience within in a Food or FMCG background would be preferable.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills
- Ability and willingness to communicate effectively at all levels and provide support in a range of activities and tasks
- Real strength in using MS Excel, with top-notch numeracy skills and attention to detail
- Ability to build strong relationships, getting things done and resolving issues across the business and with suppliers
- Passion and determination to succeed
- Proactive and driven attitude with a natural aptitude for problem solving (and able to think differently when finding solutions)
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Ability to think logically, especially when it’s really busy
- Demonstrable ability to live and breathe our values: We Want to Win, We’re Business Minded, We’re Childlike, We Think Differently, We’re Good to Each Other
It would be really amazing if you had:
- Ability to speak a European language, preferably Spanish, French or Dutch
And What You’ll Get In Return:
- Bucket loads of training and development, supporting your career pathway
- Competitive salary
- A Box of Treats, including private medical, dental, pension, life assurance, 25 days holiday and the ability to buy more, high street discounts, a yummy breakfast every morning, pamper days, Give It A Go days… to name but a few!
- A really awesome place to come to work every day… our beautiful Barns in the Oxfordshire countryside
Want to Apply?
Please go to the Ella’s Kitchen ‘Jobs’ page here to complete our application form. You’ll be asked to upload your CV + a short note all about why Ella’s Kitchen, and this role, is the perfect next step for you. We will be reviewing applications as we receive them so we recommend submitting your application as soon as possible! Good luck!