Reports to: Senior Technical Manager, (Making Great Stuff Team)
Responsible for: Raw Materials ingredients
Ensure the quality, safety, legal and industry standard compliance of all operations related to ingredients across product life cycle
Role activities / responsibilities
Raw material Specification:
- Responsible for full implementation of raw material ingredient specification within Hamilton Grant system (actual and new) including raw material assessment and ongoing specification reviews.
- Making sure we comply with all relevant legal, safety and quality regulations / standards across products and stages of product development (including the technical content of packaging at NPD stage).
- Contribute to developing, communicating and implementing relevant technical standards such as Organic and BRC accreditation.
Supplier quality performance:
- Making sure our Raw Material ingredient suppliers comply with all relevant safety, quality and legal regulations through educating them and setting and reviewing standards and KPIs
- Building, managing and maintaining relationships with all raw material suppliers by engaging and encouraging them to ‘buy in’ to Ella’s Kitchen and deliver to the highest standards
- Working closely with all suppliers to identify risks, opportunities for improvement and possible preventative measures throughout the manufacturing process and conduct ongoing supplier monitoring and reviews to achieve this.
- Contribute to the regular review and updating of product recall and product withdrawal policies and procedures and communicate and test with all relevant third parties.
Ella’s Kitchen CPM and rightly team:
- Maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction by investigating raw material quality related complaints, raise required non-conformance and implementing solutions to the issues raised
- Working within rightly team in developing quality systems and ways of working and to support other members of the team in projects or during periods of absence.
Procurement and NPD:
- Working with procurement to develop strategies to improve cost and quality of raw materials.
- Coordinating open inter-team communication between Technical, Quality, NPD, Operations, Marketing and Customer Care with the view to enhancing, and maintaining, raw material quality standards.
- Gathering ongoing feedback from internal teams, suppliers/manufacturers and customers to enhance the effectiveness of quality assurance processes and practices.
- Working with NPD to source new raw materials that are compliant with all relevant safety, quality and legal regulations
- Working with the NPD and Operations team to source and select any new raw material suppliers by conducting quality due-diligence and thorough supplier validation.
Dreams program and Horizon scanning:
- Identify global best practice and encourage our suppliers to adopt as appropriate, perform horizon scanning in the global food safety network to ensure continuity of supply and forward thinking.
- Lead animal welfare and giving stuff back project in our dreams, accountable for activity and delivery against targets.
You will need:
- Significant "hands on" experience of managing technical development and quality within a varied food manufacturing/production environment, ideally within the baby food industry and with raw materials ingredients.
- Strong understanding of, and experience in, a wide range variety of food manufacturing processes including pasteurisation and retorting
- Good knowledge of all safety standards and legal regulations relating to food manufacturing and product development
- Experience of setting and monitoring supplier SLAs and KPIs
- Ability to build and nurture strong and productive relationships
- Fantastic communication and influencing skills
And what you’ll get in return:
- Bucket loads of training and development, supporting your career pathway
- Competitive salary
- A Box of Treats, including private medical, pension, life assurance, 25 days holiday, high street discounts, a yummy breakfast every morning, pamper days, Give It A Go days, volunteering days… to name only a few!
- A really awesome place to come to work every day… our beautiful Barns in the Oxfordshire countryside
Want to apply?
Please go to the Ella’s Kitchen ‘Jobs’ page at here to complete our application form. You’ll be asked to upload your CV + a short note all about why Ella’s Kitchen, and this role, is the perfect next step for you. We will be reviewing applications as we receive them so we recommend submitting your application as soon as possible! Good luck!