Location: Near Henley-on-Thames
Reports to: Commercial Finance Manager (Runs Making Sums Work)
Direct Reports: None
Contract: 4-5 Days per week (Permanent)
Supporting the Commercial Finance Manager in financial planning decision support for the Marketing, Sales, Operations and New Product Development teams. Supporting the wider Sums team in management reporting and taking ownership of commercial data within Cognos Express and Exceedra.
Purpose of role:
To add value to Ella’s Kitchen by working closely with the Commercial Finance Manager and commercial teams to ensure robust financial analysis supports commercial decision making at Ella’s Kitchen. To work with the commercial teams to prepare the quarterly forecasts and the annual budget for the business (to gross margin). To understand and report on the actual results compared to these forecasts. To support the use of Cognos Express and Exceedra within the business and to improve understanding of forecast sales and customer profitability. Month end accounting for trade spend including production and presentation of related reporting material.
Role activities / responsibilities:
- Support the Commercial Finance Manager in working with the Deals (Sales) team – understand trading performance and related trade spend costs and help prepare financial evaluations of Joint Business Plans with key customers
- Help provide support for New Product Development Team – preparing financial evaluations of the profitability of new SKUs
- Forecasting & budgeting – Work cross functionally to support the preparation of the quarterly forecasts and the annual budget for the business
- Prepare and post trade spend accruals for inclusion in the monthly management accounts, understand actual trade spend costs and report variances on these
- Ensuring that data in company systems is up to date and accurate and helping the other teams in the business to access and understand this data to better inform decision making.
- Production of weekly and monthly reporting for senior management team
You will need to:
- Be a qualified accountant with an ACA, CIMA or ACCA qualification
- Embrace, embody and exude all that is special and unique about Ella’s Kitchen
- Have really strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Have a solid commercial outlook - weight will be given to relevant industry experience
- Be bright and analytical, with great people skills
- Be driven and results orientated with a desire to achieve
- Have a willingness to throw yourself into a varied and busy role
- Have a strong attention to detail with great organisational skills
- Demonstrable ability to live and breathe our values: We Want to Win, We’re Business Minded, We’re Childlike, We Think Differently, We’re Good to Each Other
Salary and benefits:
- Bucket loads of training and development, supporting your career pathway
- Competitive salary
- A Box of Treats, including private medical, pension, life assurance, 25 days holiday pro-rata, high street discounts, a yummy breakfast every morning, pamper days, Give It A Go days, volunteering days… to name only a few!
- A really awesome place to come to work every day… our beautiful Barns in the Oxfordshire countryside
Want to apply?
Please click here to complete our application form. You’ll be asked to upload your CV + a short note all about why Ella’s Kitchen, and this role, is the perfect next step for you. We will be reviewing applications as we receive them so we recommend submitting your application as soon as possible! Good luck!