Reports to: Operations Manager (Runs Making it like Clockwork)
Direct Reports: None
Contract: Contract or fixed term for 6 months. Full time, 40 hours (Monday to Friday)
Purpose of role:
As part of the Clockwork (Operations) team you will be instrumental in delivering the Clockwork strategy by setting up and managing the commercial relationships with our partners and working with our internal Ella’s teams. You will ensure we have right relationships and agreements for the right stock to be in the right place at the right time and work on reducing costs whilst maximising availability, efficiency and profitability.
Role activities / responsibilities:
- Establish commercial relationships with new co-manufacturers and partners to extend our product portfolio
- Develop strong working relationships with contract manufacturers and influence them to ensure that we get the best outcome for Ella’s whilst still living our values.
- Ensure we have the right agreements in place to align Ella’s production requirements with manufacturing capacity and availability of raw materials and to ensure we are holding the right amount of stock
- Agree co-manufacturing terms and conditions using our Special terms, Heads of Terms and Ways of Working agreements. This will include agreeing pricing, MOQs, volumes and overcoming any production hurdles by thinking differently with the partners.
- Complete the operational responsibilities for the project teams in charge of delivering the new products.
- Track and report on manufacturer KPIs and find ways to drive improvement collaboratively
- Day to day problem solving
- Work collaboratively across Ella’s functional business teams to ensure clarity, accuracy and consistency of information flow in and out of your area of responsibility
- Live the Ella's values and engage our supply chain partners in the brand
You will need:
- Experience of buying contract manufacturing capacity in an FMCG/food environment.
- Proven track record of success in similar roles
- Strong relationship building and negotiation skills
- Some production planning experience ideally gained within an FMCG/food environment
- Passion and determination to succeed with excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Ability and willingness to communicate at all levels and provide support in a range of activities and tasks
- Ability to work well under pressure with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude
- Aptitude and drive for problem solving, and ability to think differently when finding solutions
- Excellent organisational and time management skills including the ability to prioritise
- European languages would be an advantage
- Demonstrable ability to live and breathe our values: We Want to Win, We’re Business Minded, We’re Childlike, We Think Differently, We’re Good to Each Other
- You’ll need to be immediately available (September / October 2017)
- You’ll also need a valid driving licence and be able to travel frequently in the UK on business
And What You’ll Get In Return:
- Bucket loads of training.
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary bonus scheme applicable on a fixed term contract basis
- A Box of Treats applicable on a fixed term contract basis, including private medical, dental, pension, life assurance, 25 days holiday and the ability to buy more, high street discounts, a yummy breakfast every morning, pamper days, Give It A Go days… to name but a few!
- A really awesome place to come to work every day… our beautiful Barns in the Oxfordshire countryside
Want to Apply?
Please go to the Ella’s Kitchen ‘Jobs’ page here to complete our application form. You’ll be asked to upload your CV + a short note all about why Ella’s Kitchen, and this role, is the perfect next step for you. We will be reviewing applications as we receive them so we recommend submitting your application as soon as possible! Good luck!