Reports to: Commercial Finance Manager (Runs Making Sums Work)
Direct Reports: None
Contract: 12 month fixed term contract, Full time, 40 hours (Monday to Friday)
Purpose of role:
To add value to Ella’s Kitchen by working closely with the Financial Controller, Commercial Finance Manager and commercial teams to ensure robust financial analysis supports commercial decision making at Ella’s Kitchen. To work with the commercial teams to prepare the quarterly forecasts and the annual budget for the business (to gross margin). To understand and report on the actual results compared to these forecasts. To support the use of Cognos and Exceedra within the business and to improve understanding of forecast sales and customer profitability. Month end accounting for marketing and trade spend including production and presentation of related reporting material.
Role activities / responsibilities
- Support the Commercial Finance Manager in working with the Deals (Sales) team – understand trading performance and related trade spend costs and help prepare financial evaluations of joint Business Plans with key customers
- Help provide support for the Yummy New Stuff (Product Development) Team – preparing financial evaluations of the profitability of new SKUs
- Forecasting & Budgeting – Work cross functionally to support the preparation of the quarterly forecasts and the annual budget for the business
- Prepare and post trade spend and marketing accruals for inclusion in the monthly management accounts, understand actual trade spend costs and report variances on these
- Manage master data within Cognos and support the development and go live of Exceedra (preparation of standing data re trade spend and entering of data into the model)
- Support the Financial Controller by helping to prepare management reporting for the business – sales reporting and management accounts
- Production of weekly and monthly reporting for senior management team
You will need to:
- Be a qualified accountant with an ACA, CIMA or ACCA qualification
- Embrace, embody and exude all that is special and unique about Ella’s Kitchen
- Have really strong Microsoft Office skills
- Have a solid commercial outlook – experience within FMCG would be preferable
- Experience of SAP B1, Exceedra or Cognos would be advantageous
- Have an interest in or willingness to become a super user of Cognos and Exceedra – performing a key role in the business on both these systems
- Be bright and analytical, with great people skills
- Be driven and results orientated with a desire to achieve
- Have a willingness to throw yourself into a varied and busy role
- Have a strong attention to detail with great organisational skills
- Demonstrable ability to live and breathe our values: We Want to Win, We’re Business Minded, We’re Childlike, We Think Differently, We’re Good to Each Other
And What you’ll Get in Return:
- Bucket loads of training and development, supporting your career pathway
- Competitive salary
- A Box of Treats, including private medical, dental, pension, life assurance, 25 days holiday and the ability to buy more, high street discounts, a yummy breakfast every morning, pamper days, Give It A Go days… to name only a few!
- A really awesome place to come to work every day… our beautiful Barns in the Oxfordshire
Want to Apply?
Please go to the Ella’s Kitchen ‘Jobs’ page here to complete our application form. You’ll be asked to upload your CV + a short note all about why Ella’s Kitchen, and this role, is the perfect next step for you. We will be reviewing applications as we receive them so we recommend submitting your application as soon as possible! Good luck!