Reports to: Operations Controller (Runs Making it like Clockwork)
Direct Reports: None
Contract: Full Time (Monday to Friday), 9am to 5pm, for 6 - 9 months
Responsible for: Ensuring Ella’s are holding the right amount of stock in the supply chain, through accurate production forecasting and stock management by working collaboratively with our suppliers
Purpose of role:
Supporting the Clockwork (Operations) team deliver their strategy, by working with our out-sourced manufacturing partners + our internal Ella’s teams, to ensure we have the right stock in the right place at the right time, reducing cost whilst maximising availability, efficiency + profitability.
Role activities / responsibilities:
- Manage production requirements, + confirm forecast + production orders to Ella’s manufacturers, to ensure we are holding the right amount of stock. This includes aligning Ella’s production requirements with manufacturing capacity, availability of raw materials, + retailer demand fluctuations.
- Develop strong working relationships with our manufacturers, taking on the role of influencer to ensure that we get the best outcome for Ella’s whilst still living our values with our suppliers. You will be the key operational contact for one of our biggest manufacturer + also for some of our other strategic partners.
- Support the development of new products by co-ordinating trials + availability of raw materials + packaging + contributing into project meetings.
- Drive improvements to the planning process + the day-to-day management of the manufacturer
- Track + report on supplier KPIs. + find ways to drive improvement collaboratively
- Day to day problem solving
- Working collaboratively across the internal Ella’s teams to ensure clarity, accuracy + consistency of information flow
- Live the Ella's values + engage our suppliers in the brand
- Support the procurement team by running weekly + monthly forecast reports + issuing to suppliers; provide analysis, communicating possible challenges/risks in over or under contracting
You will need:
- Ability to work well under pressure + demonstrate that you can adapt to the fast pace + variety of FMCG supply chain
- Relevant production planning experience in a Food or FMCG background would be preferable
- Excellent interpersonal, communication + collaboration skills
- Ability + willingness to communicate effectively at all levels + provide support in a range of activities + tasks
- Real strength in using MS Excel, with top-notch numeracy skills + attention to detail
- Ability to build strong relationships, getting things done + resolving issues across the business + with suppliers
- Passion + determination to succeed
- Proactive + driven attitude with a natural aptitude for problem solving (+ able to think differently when finding solutions)
- Excellent organisational + time management skills
- Ability to think logically, especially when it’s really busy
- Demonstrable ability to live + breathe our values: We Want to Win, We’re Business Minded, We’re Childlike, We Think Differently, We’re Good to Each Other
It would be really amazing if you had:
- Ability to speak a European language, preferably Spanish
- Experience in an FMCG environment
And What You’ll Get In Return:
- Bucket loads of training + development, supporting your career pathway
- Competitive salary
- A Box of Treats, including private medical, dental, pension, life assurance, 25 days holiday, high street discounts, a yummy breakfast every morning, pamper days, Give It A Go days… to name but a few!
- A really awesome place to come to work every day… our beautiful Barns in the Oxfordshire countryside
Want to Apply?
Please go to the Ella’s Kitchen ‘Jobs’ page at here to complete our application form. You’ll be asked to upload your CV + a short note all about why Ella’s Kitchen, and this role, is the perfect next step for you. We will be reviewing applications as we receive them so we recommend submitting your application as soon as possible! Good luck!