Reports to: Finance Controller (Runs Making The Sums Work)
Direct Reports: None
Contract: Full time, 40 hours (Monday to Friday)
Purpose of role
Support the Sums (Finance) team by taking responsibility for accounting, statutory reporting, and management reporting, as well as other ad-hoc tasks.
Role activities / responsibilities
- Management of general ledger, including:
- Oversight over all accounts; allocations, coding etc.
- Detailed review and understanding of fixed costs
- Query resolution
- Month end reporting, including:
- Management of all month end processes (excluding payroll)
- Production of management accounts and commentary
- Reporting to US head office via Hyperion
- Marketing team support and accounting, including:
- Supporting the Marketing team in the understanding of their spend compared to budget/forecast
- Management of month end accruals for marketing
- Production of Marketing spend dashboards
- Preparation of Marketing budgets and forecasts
- Statutory reporting and compliance, including;
- Oversight of financial statement preparation
- Tax compliance and statutory returns
- Internal controls compliance, including:
- Co-ordinating the Sums team to ensure that internal control processes are in place and effectively monitored.
- Co-ordinating an annual review of key control processes.
- Ad hoc project support
- Provide holiday cover for Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions as required
What you will need:
- Qualified accountant with CCAB qualification
- Good experience of utilising Microsoft Office, in particular fluency with Excel is preferable
- Strong analytical skills
- Driven and results orientated with a desire to achieve
- Good communication skills with the ability to speak to others in the business at all levels and deal with queries from external parties e.g. suppliers
- Good attention to detail and an ability to work to deadlines with accuracy
- A willingness to throw yourself into a varied and busy role
- Ability to manage your workload around busy periods and key deadlines
- Demonstrable ability to live and breathe our values: We Want to Win, We’re Business Minded, We’re Childlike, We Think Differently, We’re Good to Each Other
It would be nice if you had:
- Experience of working with SAP B1, Hyperion and COGNOS
What you will get in return:
- Bucket loads of training and development, supporting your career pathway
- Competitive salary
- A Box of Treats, including private medical, dental, pension, life assurance, 25 days holiday and the ability to buy more, high street discounts, a yummy breakfast every morning, pamper days, Give It A Go days, volunteering days… to name only a few!
- A really awesome place to come to work every day… our beautiful Barns in the Oxfordshire countryside
Want to apply?
Please go to the Ella’s Kitchen ‘Jobs’ page here to complete our application form. You’ll be asked to upload your CV + a short note all about why Ella’s Kitchen, and this role, is the perfect next step for you. We will be reviewing applications as we receive them so we recommend submitting your application as soon as possible! Good luck!