Location: near Henley-on-Thames
Reports to: Runs Making Friends (Communications Manager)
Direct Reports: One
Contract: Full time, 40 hours (Monday to Friday)
Closing Date: 05/03/2017
Purpose of role:
- Lead the Ella’s Kitchen brand through its retailer media and e-commerce consumer communications touch points. Ensure we are ‘getting them’, ‘keeping them’ and ‘making them shout’ through our new and existing trade + e-commerce channels and in an inspiring Ella’s way that’s always Kids First.
Role activities / responsibilities:
- Devise and deliver the trade and e-commerce communications strategy in line with the overall business plan and the marketing strategy.
- Drive the UK Communications team campaign planning, particularly from a retailer media + e-commerce stand-point, to help ensure joined up, relevant + motivating consumer campaigns which ooze Ella’sness.
- Own + Manage the Trade section of the Friends Annual Activity plan to ensure activation is integrated with broader activation plans
- Work with the Deals (Sales) team to understand the motivations and strategies of our key retailers; and lead the planning + delivery of retailer media + e-commerce campaigns for the UK, ensuring we understand our consumers and what they want to hear in the way that they want to hear it and tailor our campaigns to ‘make them shout’.
- Build fantastic retailer relationships and inspire our retailers to want to work with Ella’s Kitchen bringing them on a journey to engage with our brand.
- Lead, manage and motivate the Marketing Executive to run retailer media + e-commerce campaigns in a joined-up way, to ensure activity lands on-time and in budget.
- Working with the Marketing Executive stay very joined up with the rest of the Friends team + understand the marketing team needs, to help manage their priorities, work-load and work flow.
- Own the retailer media budget for the UK, and advise on the European budget, to ensure real + measurable ROI.
- Work in partnership with our agencies to help ensure a joined-up and motivated team, which delivers fantastic retailer media communications. Sign off all retailer media + e-commerce communications devised by our agency partners.
- Embrace, embody + exude all that is special and unique about Ella’s Kitchen.
- Research, recommend and implement new retailer media developments + ideas, to help us expand our brand so that retailer media communications form a core part of the Friends team consumer communications strategy.
- Help excite + energise barns team, customers + partners with Ella’s inspiring retailer media communications across all markets.
You will need:
- Strong understanding of the Ella’s Kitchen brand
- Trade Marketing experience for major multiples
- Experience of managing a small team + working as an inspirational leader
- Good commercial acumen and an understanding of what drives retailers
- Ability to prioritise spend and focus on the basis of commercial needs
- Negotiation skills
- Experience in agency management
- Experience of managing agencies
- Budget management skills including a commercial acumen that will drive ROI
- Fantastic organisational and project management skills
- Great influencing and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrable ability to live and breathe our values: We Want to Win, We’re Business Minded, We’re Childlike, We Think Differently, We’re Good to Each Other
And what you’ll get in return:
- Bucket loads of training and development, supporting your career pathway
- Competitive salary
- A Box of Treats, including private medical, dental, pension, life assurance, 25 days holiday and the ability to buy more, high street discounts, a yummy breakfast every morning, pamper days, Give It A Go days… to name but a few!
- A really awesome place to come to work every day… our beautiful Barns in the Oxfordshire countryside
Want to apply?
Please go to the Ella’s Kitchen ‘Jobs’ page here to complete our application form. You’ll be asked to upload your CV + a short note all about why Ella’s Kitchen, and this role, is the perfect next step for you. We will be reviewing applications as we receive them so we recommend submitting your application as soon as possible! Good luck!