Easter Cheesy Carrot Toasties
Scrummy grated carrot + cheese toasties with steamed broccoli tops.
A fun foodie activity to keep tiny hands busy!
- 2 pieces of bread
- 20g cream cheese
- 35g mature cheddar cheese
- 60g finely grated carrot
- 3 broccoli florets
- Strands of carrot for decorating
- Lightly toast the 2 pieces of bread- cut the crusts off to make neat rectangle.
- Mix the grated carrot, cheese and cream cheese in a bowl.
- Spread mixture on the toast and cut into 3 triangles.
- Place little strands horizontally across the carrot.
- Slice the broccoli florets in half (through the stem) and lightly steam.
- Put the carrot toasts under a medium grill until the cheese starts to bubble (approximately 4 minutes).
- Assemble carrots and broccoli together on a plate.
Fun For Little Ones
Older little ones can get stuck in with mixing the carrot, cheese and cream cheese in the bowl.
try more finger food
Explore our organic range of tasty finger foods! Perfect for little ones from 6+ months.Shop now
Why not add a dash of Worcester sauce to the cheese mixture for older children for an exciting taste twist!
loved this recipe? try these…
shop with Ella’s
From veggie first tastes, to perfect puree blends, marvellous meals + finger foods, there's something for every stage of your little one's weaning journey!
ready for weaning?
We’re here to help you with your weaning journey. Find top baby weaning tips, videos + guides, covering everything you need to know for the first steps of your little one's weaning journey!
join Ella’s friends
Welcome to the Ella's Kitchen family! As one of our very special friends, you can look forward to a free weaning guide in the post and handy emails with lots of tips, offers, competitions + more!