Vroomy Mushroomy Risotto recipe (dairy free)
vroom vroom is that the thyme?!
An easy, super speedy mushroom risotto for babies, made with yummy coconut milk + basmati rice.
- 120g uncooked basmati rice
- 300g mushrooms
- 140g white onion (1 large onion)
- 1x small garlic clove
- 300ml coconut milk
- 1 low salt stock cube
- Pinch of thyme
- Cook rice as per packet instructions
- Add diced onion + garlic to oil in a pan over a medium heat - cook until transclucent
- Add the diced mushroom, cook until the mushrooms are soft
- Add the milk to the vegetables + sprinkle the stock cube in.
- Add rice + thyme and stir over a medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Blend down for little ones from 7 months
Add mashed cannellini beans for extra fibre and protein! Try to use a plant-based milk with added vitamin D, calcium, vitamin B12 and iodine
Fun for little ones!
Little ones will love to explore the texture of the mushrooms before they’re chopped. Talk about the umbrella shape, the brown gills and the velvety texture to really engage your little one’s senses
Yummy for older ones
Serve without blending for little ones 10 months + older
loved this recipe? try these…
shop with Ella’s
From veggie first tastes, to perfect puree blends, marvellous meals + finger foods, there's something for every stage of your little one's weaning journey!
ready for weaning?
We’re here to help you with your weaning journey. Find top baby weaning tips, videos + guides, covering everything you need to know for the first steps of your little one's weaning journey!
join Ella’s friends for your free weaning pack
Welcome to the Ella's Kitchen family! As one of our very special friends, you can look forward to a free weaning chart in the post and handy emails with lots of tips, offers, competitions + more!