Butternut Squash, Broccoli + Courgette puree recipe
A super smoooth, scrummy blend of veggies!
It'll tickle tiny taste buds ready to try new + exciting flavours!
- 1/2 butternut squash, peeled, deseeded + cubed
- 1 courgette, diced
- 1/2 small head broccoli, cut into small florets
- Place the squash in a saucepan, cover with water and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the broccoli + courgette and cook under a medium heat for 7-8 minutes more until everything is soft + tender. Drain.
- Purée the vegetables in a food processor, or use a hand blender, until the mixture is smooth.
- For a super smooth puree, pass it through a sieve after blending.
Fun for little ones
Let little ones explore raw veggies with all their senses so that they are more familiar with them and more likely to try them at mealtimes. Talk about the different shapes, textures, and colours to keep your baby interested.
If the puree is a little thick, you can mix it with your babies’ usual milk.
loved this recipe? try these…
Aubergine, Pepper + Sweet Potato puree recipe
Grow your own Little Veg Lover with a super colourful blend of deeelicious veggies!
Butternut + Ginger Puree recipe!
This tangy puree with Butternut + Ginger is sure to tickle tiny taste buds!
shop with Ella’s
From veggie first tastes, to perfect puree blends, marvellous meals + finger foods, there's something for every stage of your little one's weaning journey!
ready for weaning?
We’re here to help you with your weaning journey. Find top baby weaning tips, videos + guides, covering everything you need to know for the first steps of your little one's weaning journey!