Aubergine, Pepper + Sweet Potato puree recipe
grow your own Little Veg Lover
A recipe packed full of a super colourful blend of deeelicious veggies!
- Aubergine, cut into cubes
- 1/2 small Red Pepper, deseeded + chopped
- Spray oil
- 1 Sweet Potato (around 250g/9oz), peeled + cubed
- Baby's usual milk
- Put the aubergine and pepper in a roasting tin and add a little spray oil.
- Cover with foil and roast at 200C (180C fan) for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil the sweet potato in a pan for 15 minutes until tender.
- Combine the aubergine pepper and sweet potato in a blender and blitz until pureed or a fine mash texture, depending on your little one.
- Add your baby's usual milk and blend until you have a super smooth texture for your little one.
Fun for little ones!
Let little ones explore raw veggies with all their senses so that they are more familiar with them and more likely to try at mealtimes. Talk about the different shapes, textures and colours to keep your baby interested.
Try adding a pinch of cumin or paprika to get tiny taste buds tingling
loved this recipe? try these…
shop with Ella’s
From veggie first tastes, to perfect puree blends, marvellous meals + finger foods, there's something for every stage of your little one's weaning journey!
ready for weaning?
We’re here to help you with your weaning journey. Find top baby weaning tips, videos + guides, covering everything you need to know for the first steps of your little one's weaning journey!
join Ella’s friends for your free weaning pack
Welcome to the Ella's Kitchen family! As one of our very special friends, you can look forward to a free weaning chart in the post and handy emails with lots of tips, offers, competitions + more!