Ch-eeeasy Chive Scones
These speedy bite-sized cheesy scones make a tasty savoury snack for at home or on the go.
- 225 g/9 oz self-raising flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 60 g/2¼ oz unsalted butter
- 60 g/2¼ oz cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives (optional)
- 115 ml/3¾ fl oz whole milk, plus extra for glazing
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6. Line a large baking sheet with baking paper
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl. Lightly rub in the butter with your fingertips until the mixture looks like fine breadcrumbs. Add the cheese and chives, if using, then mix in the milk, a quarter at a time, with a fork and then your hands to make a smooth dough – you may not need all the milk
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured work surface until about 2 cm/¾ inch thick. Cut out the scones using a 5 cm/2 inch cutter or bottom of a small glass
- Place the scones on the lined baking sheet and brush the tops with milk. Bake for 12–15 minutes until risen and golden. Serve warm or cold and store the scones in an airtight tin for up to 3 days
loved this recipe? try these…
shop with Ella’s
From veggie first tastes, to perfect puree blends, marvellous meals + finger foods, there's something for every stage of your little one's weaning journey!
ready for weaning?
We’re here to help you with your weaning journey. Find top baby weaning tips, videos + guides, covering everything you need to know for the first steps of your little one's weaning journey!