Palm Tree Porridge
Quick + easy porridge with a dash of sunshine in the form of coconut milk + tasty tropical mango.
This palm tree porridge is a deeelicious brekkie for little ones, with exciting tropical flavours to excite tiny tastebuds.
- 150 g/5½ oz porridge oats
- 600 ml/1 pint coconut drinking milk, plus extra to serve
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1 small mango, peeled, stoned + cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon mixed seeds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon coconut flakes, toasted
- Put the oats, coconut drinking milk + 575 ml/18 fl oz water in a saucepan, stir + bring to the boil over a medium heat. Stir in the cinnamon, then reduce the heat to low, part-cover with a lid + simmer for 8–10 minutes, stirring, until creamy.
- If you are serving to young children, finely chop the mango, toasted seeds + coconut flakes.
- Spoon the porridge into bowls + sprinkle with the extra cinnamon, the chopped mango, + the toasted seeds + coconut. Pour extra milk over the porridge, to serve.
Yummy For Babies
For little ones from 10 months, leave out the seeds + mash up the mango. Remember to check the temperature before serving!
Turn any leftover porridge into a tasty snack: leave it to cool, then cut it into fingers + pan-fry in butter until golden + crisp on the outside. Lovely!
loved this recipe? try these…
shop with Ella’s
From veggie first tastes, to perfect puree blends, marvellous meals + finger foods, there's something for every stage of your little one's weaning journey!
ready for weaning?
We’re here to help you with your weaning journey. Find top baby weaning tips, videos + guides, covering everything you need to know for the first steps of your little one's weaning journey!
join Ella’s friends for your free weaning pack
Welcome to the Ella's Kitchen family! As one of our very special friends, you can look forward to a free weaning chart in the post and handy emails with lots of tips, offers, competitions + more!