Pick-Up Porridge Bars
sometimes busy babies need an extra breakfast boost when they head out on a morning adventure.
These porridge bars are perfect at home or on the road.
Recipe from our The First Foods Book
- 40 g/1½ oz porridge oats
- 220 ml/7½ fl oz whole milk
- 20 g/¾ oz raisins, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 10 g/¼ oz unsalted butter
- Line a small baking tray with baking parchment. Place the oats + milk in a small saucepan + bring to the boil, then reduce the heat + simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently, or until the oats are soft.
- Transfer to a bowl + stir in the raisins + cinnamon, then spread out the porridge in the tray to about 1 cm/½ inch thick. Cover with clingfilm + chill for 30 minutes to set.
- Cut the porridge into 6 fingers each 7 cm/2¾ inches long by 2.5 cm/1 inch wide. Melt the butter in a nonstick frying pan + cook the fingers for 2–3 minutes on each side until golden.
Fun For Little Ones
Older little ones can help to spread the porridge out + flatten it down into the baking tray.
Swap This For That
Try swapping raisins for dried chopped apricots or dates.
loved this recipe? try these…
Palm Tree Porridge
Quick + easy porridge with a dash of sunshine in the form of coconut milk + tasty tropical mango.
Ruby Red Mini Muffins
These colourful, savoury muffins are perfect for little hands! The sweetness comes from beetroot + carrot, so there's no need for any naughty ingredients!
shop with Ella’s
From veggie first tastes, to perfect puree blends, marvellous meals + finger foods, there's something for every stage of your little one's weaning journey!
ready for weaning?
We’re here to help you with your weaning journey. Find top baby weaning tips, videos + guides, covering everything you need to know for the first steps of your little one's weaning journey!