Crackin' Coconut-y Topper
These Tasty Topper ideas are a deeelicious way to jazz up a yogurt, porridge or custard with your toddlers favourite tastes!
- 50 g/1¾ oz toasted hazelnuts, or nut of choice
- 40 g/1½ oz unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 50 g/1¾ oz sunflower seeds
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Toast the desiccated coconut in a large, dry frying pan over a medium-low for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until light golden – keep an eye on the coconut as it can brown very quickly. Tip the coconut onto a plate and leave to cool
- Repeat with the sunflower seeds, cooking them for 3 minutes, then leave to cool
- Tip the toasted hazelnuts into a mini food processor or blender and pulse until very finely chopped
- Add the toasted coconut + sunflower seeds to the processor or blender and pulse until very finely chopped. Tip them into the bowl with the hazelnuts, add the cinnamon and stir until combined
- To serve, sprinkle the coconut mix on top, or stirred into, yogurt and porridge. Store any leftovers in a lidded jar for up to 1 week in the fridge
loved this recipe? try these…
Tooty Fruity Frozen Dots
Super fruity frozen dots! Perfect for soothing little gums + teeth using Ella's Kitchen smoothie fruits pouches!
shop with Ella’s
From veggie first tastes, to perfect puree blends, marvellous meals + finger foods, there's something for every stage of your little one's weaning journey!
ready for weaning?
We’re here to help you with your weaning journey. Find top baby weaning tips, videos + guides, covering everything you need to know for the first steps of your little one's weaning journey!