Oodles Of Coconut-y Chicken Noodles
Go coconutt-y with our chicken noodle recipe, packed full of oddles of yummy veggies!
- 200 g/7 oz medium dried egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil or oil for frying
- 355 g/12½ oz chicken or turkey mince, finely chopped
- 200 g/7 oz mixed vegetable stir fry (without beansprouts)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 125 ml/4½ fl oz low-salt chicken stock
- 400 g/14 oz can coconut milk
- Cook the noodles in a saucepan of boiling water following the packet instructions. Drain and refresh the noodles under cold running water
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large wok or frying pan over a high heat. Add the chicken or turkey mince and stir-fry for 5 minutes until starting to brown. Add the mixed vegetable stir fry and a splash more oil, if needed, and stir-fry for 4–5 minutes until the vegetables are tender. Stir in the garlic
- Add the spices, stock and coconut milk, stir until combined, then cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Stir in the noodles and heat through briefly. Spoon your little one’s portion into a bowl and finely chop the noodles and veg into small pieces, no larger than 1 cm/½ inch. Store any leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days and reheat briefly before serving
loved this recipe? try these…
Rainbow Prawn Stir fry
This Rainbow Prawn Stir fry makes a marvellous mini meal for hungry tummies or a lovely lunch or dinner option!
shop with Ella’s
From veggie first tastes, to perfect puree blends, marvellous meals + finger foods, there's something for every stage of your little one's weaning journey!
ready for weaning?
We’re here to help you with your weaning journey. Find top baby weaning tips, videos + guides, covering everything you need to know for the first steps of your little one's weaning journey!