Chicken, Chickpea + Pesto Meatballs
mouth watering meatballs.
Perfect for keeping little fingers busy and tiny tums happy.
- 200g chicken breast (typically 1 breast)
- 100g chickpeas
- 50g white onion
- 2 tbsp pesto * Please check the label if your little one has allergies
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Dice the chicken and put in a blender (or a bowl if you are using a stick blender)
- Add all of the ingredients and blend until smooth. Cover and leave in the fridge for 20 minutes to firm up
- Divide mixture into 25g blobs- shape into balls. Tip keep a bowl of cold water to hand to stop the mixture sticking to your hands
- Bake in the oven on greaseproof paper at 180°C for 12-14 minutes
Try me with!
Delicious served with baked potato wedges and cooked veggie sticks for a yummy finger food meal.
For the older ones!
Older little ones can have fun helping to roll the mixture with their hands – just make sure little hands have a good wash before and after touching the food.
loved this recipe? try these…
shop with Ella’s
From veggie first tastes, to perfect puree blends, marvellous meals + finger foods, there's something for every stage of your little one's weaning journey!
ready for weaning?
We’re here to help you with your weaning journey. Find top baby weaning tips, videos + guides, covering everything you need to know for the first steps of your little one's weaning journey!
join Ella’s friends for your free weaning pack
Welcome to the Ella's Kitchen family! As one of our very special friends, you can look forward to a free weaning chart in the post and handy emails with lots of tips, offers, competitions + more!