Aubergine + Courgette Beany Bake recipe
A yummy veggie bake perfect for the whole family to enjoy!
Packed full of beans, pulses + scrummy veg, using ingredients from your kitchen cupboard! BEANutiful!
- Half a cauliflower (approx. 350g)
- 1x leek
- 200ml water or vegetable stocK
- 1x aubergine
- 2x courgettes
- 1x tin of lentils
- 1x tin of chickpeas
- 1x ragu sauce
- Slice courgettes and aubergine very finely into thin disks.
- Steam the aubergine until softened (approx 15 minutes).
- For the topping - Steam cauliflower until soft
- Fry leeks over a low heat.
- When cooked, put into a bowl, add 200ml of water or stock.
- Blend until smooth.
- Assemble: Layer aubergine + courgette evenly onto the bottom of a lasagne style dish.
- Drain the lentils and chickpeas and mix them through the ragu sauce. Pour the mix over the vegetables.
- Top with the cauliflower puree.
- Put in a pre heated oven at 180°C for 30 minutes
Fun for little ones
Let little ones explore the vegetables with all their senses before you chop them up and talk about the different colours, shapes and textures. Suitable from 12months or mash well for 7months.
Swap this for that!
The lentils and chickpeas can be replaced by any beans/pulses
It's really important the aubergine is soft before it goes into the bake or it will be chewy.
loved this recipe? try these…
shop with Ella’s
From veggie first tastes, to perfect puree blends, marvellous meals + finger foods, there's something for every stage of your little one's weaning journey!
ready for weaning?
We’re here to help you with your weaning journey. Find top baby weaning tips, videos + guides, covering everything you need to know for the first steps of your little one's weaning journey!
join Ella’s friends for your free weaning pack
Welcome to the Ella's Kitchen family! As one of our very special friends, you can look forward to a free weaning chart in the post and handy emails with lots of tips, offers, competitions + more!