Smoky Bacon + Butternut Pasta recipe
Get the whole family around the dinner table.
Enjoy this scrummy creeeamy pasta with butternut squash, smoky bacon + a sprinkle of sage!
- 500g butternut squash diced
- 1x low-salt stock cube (in 200ml water)
- 50g cream cheese
- 100g smoked bacon
- 1xtsp dried sage
- 300g dried pasta
- Dice butternut squash into small cubes.
- Place into a preheated oven at 180ºC on a lightly oiled tray.
- Roast for 35 minutes stirring half way through.
- Once roasted- put 2/3 of the roasted squash into a bowl with the sage
- Dissolve a stock cube in 200mls water and add this in.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add the mixture to a pan, add cream cheese and stir through on a low heat.
- Cook 300g pasta as per packs instructions.
- Grill bacon until cooked. Dice finely and add this to the sauce with the remaining chunks of squash.(to reduce the salt level for little ones, remove adequate sized portion of sauce before adding the bacon)
- Either mix cooked pasta into the sauce or pour over hot pasta
Swap this for that
Use half a stockpot or cube if you don’t have a low salt option
From 10 months why not mix through to make the pasta extra creeeamy + tasty!
loved this recipe? try these…
Chicken Katsu recipe
Curry night doesn't always have to be a Friday night! Get the whole family together for a super easy + deeelicious Katsu Chicken Curry! Using ingredients from your freezer + kitchen cupboard!
Wakey Wakey Eggy Shakshouka recipe
Rise + shine, it's time for SHAHSHOUKA! A scrummy eggy brunch or breakfast perfect for the whole family (12 months+) in a tomato-y + veggie sauce with chickpeas. Yum!
shop with Ella’s
From veggie first tastes, to perfect puree blends, marvellous meals + finger foods, there's something for every stage of your little one's weaning journey!
ready for weaning?
We’re here to help you with your weaning journey. Find top baby weaning tips, videos + guides, covering everything you need to know for the first steps of your little one's weaning journey!