Chicken Katsu recipe
curry night doesn't always have to be a Friday night!
Get the whole family together for a super easy + deeelicious Katsu Chicken Curry! Using ingredients from your freezer + kitchen cupboard!
- 1x tin coconut milk
- 1x red pepper
- 1x bunch spring onions
- 2 Tbs curry powder
- 130g peanut butter
- 4 chicken burgers/equivalent amount of nuggets
- Families appropriate amount of rice for serving
- Heat coconut milk and peanut butter in a pan with diced spring onions and curry powder, when melted and starting to thicken, remove from heat.
- Blend the sauce until smooth.
- Dice red pepper very finely. Add to the sauce.
- Cook chicken burgers as per instruction on pack.
- Cook rice as per instructions on pack.
- Using a peeler, peel strips of cucumber lengthways to get fine ribbons (optional but adds a nice freshness).
- Once cooked, cut the chicken burgers into strips.
- Put hot rice into a bowl, top with cucumber ribbons, then chicken strips, coat with the curry sauce.
Yummy for babies
Suitable from 12m when using breaded chicken, For little ones under 12 months, use plain chicken + mash down to a more appropriate texture
Check the heat of the curry powder- adjust the levels of curry powder to taste.
loved this recipe? try these…
Wakey Wakey Eggy Shakshouka recipe
Rise + shine, it's time for SHAHSHOUKA! A scrummy eggy brunch or breakfast perfect for the whole family (12 months+) in a tomato-y + veggie sauce with chickpeas. Yum!
Easy Beefy Tomato Risotto recipe
Look no further than your kitchen cupboards for this scrummy family recipe! Using corned beef + tinned tomatoes/passata, it's easy peasy lemon squeezy!
shop with Ella’s
From veggie first tastes, to perfect puree blends, marvellous meals + finger foods, there's something for every stage of your little one's weaning journey!
ready for weaning?
We’re here to help you with your weaning journey. Find top baby weaning tips, videos + guides, covering everything you need to know for the first steps of your little one's weaning journey!