Brekkie Beany Hash
Our Brekkie Bean Hash is perfect for a filling weekend breakfast or a brunch date with your little kids.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 300 g/10½ oz cooked cold potatoes, cut into 1 cm/½ in dice
- 175 g/6 oz canned haricot or cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 125 g/5 oz cooked carrots, cabbage or other leftover cooked vegetables, cut into small dice
- 4 tomatoes, deseeded and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons tomato purée
- 1 teaspoon mild smoked paprika
- 6 tablespoon low-salt vegetable stock
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the butter in a pan over a medium heat. Add the garlic + fry for 1 minute, stirring, until softened.
- Turn the heat to medium-low, add the cooked potatoes, beans, cooked vegetables, tomatoes, tomato purée, smoked paprika and stock to the pan. Stir until combined + cook for 9 minutes, stirring often. Add an extra splash of water if the mixture looks too dry.
- Season the hash with a little pepper + spoon it into bowls. Sprinkle over the cheese, if using, and serve with fingers of toast by the side.
loved this recipe? try these…
Rainbow Prawn Stir fry
This Rainbow Prawn Stir fry makes a marvellous mini meal for hungry tummies or a lovely lunch or dinner option!
shop with Ella’s
From veggie first tastes, to perfect puree blends, marvellous meals + finger foods, there's something for every stage of your little one's weaning journey!
ready for weaning?
We’re here to help you with your weaning journey. Find top baby weaning tips, videos + guides, covering everything you need to know for the first steps of your little one's weaning journey!