Cheesy Broccoli + Potato Gratin
this easy-cheesy Broccoli + Potato Gratin recipe is perfect for introducing Little Veg Lovers to more complex textures!
- 120g broccoli florets
- 450g thinly sliced potato
- 100mls milk
- 70mls single cream
- 50g grated cheese
- Slice potato lengthways into thin strips.
- Gently heat the milk and cream and add the grated cheese. Heat until all the cheese has melted.
- Layer a thin layer of potato in the bottom of a dish.
- Add the broccoli evenly across the potato. Top with the remaining potato.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the top, ensuring to wet the whole layer (the sauce won’t cover the top).
- Bake in the oven at 190’C for 35 minutes.
- Mash down finely for little ones from 7 months or more chunkily for older babies.
Fun For Little Ones
Older little ones can help layer the yummy potato + broccoli in the dish!
loved this recipe? try these…
shop with Ella’s
From veggie first tastes, to perfect puree blends, marvellous meals + finger foods, there's something for every stage of your little one's weaning journey!
ready for weaning?
We’re here to help you with your weaning journey. Find top baby weaning tips, videos + guides, covering everything you need to know for the first steps of your little one's weaning journey!
join Ella’s friends for your free weaning pack
Welcome to the Ella's Kitchen family! As one of our very special friends, you can look forward to a free weaning chart in the post and handy emails with lots of tips, offers, competitions + more!