Cheesy Broccoli + Potato Gratin
this easy-cheesy Broccoli + Potato Gratin recipe is perfect for introducing Little Veg Lovers to more complex textures!
- 120g broccoli florets
- 450g thinly sliced potato
- 100ml milk
- 70ml single cream
- 50g grated cheese
- Slice potato lengthways into thin strips.
- Gently heat the milk and cream and add the grated cheese. Heat until all the cheese has melted.
- Layer a thin layer of potato in the bottom of a dish.
- Add the broccoli evenly across the potato. Top with the remaining potato.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the top, ensuring to wet the whole layer (the sauce won’t cover the top).
- Bake in the oven at 190’C for 35 minutes.
- Mash down finely for little ones from 7 months or more chunkily for older babies.
Fun For Little Ones
Older little ones can help layer the yummy potato + broccoli in the dish!
loved this recipe? try these…
Very Veggie Courgetti Spaghetti recipe
Spaghetti just got veggie! This scrummy courgetti recipe has a veg-packed tasty sauce. Using Ella's Kitchen Pumpkin Broccoli + Sweetcorn pouch makes this veggielicious!
Full of beans brekkie pancakes
Start your little one’s day right with our scrummy Full-of-Beans Brekkie Pancakes. Just right for little ones from 10 months + deeeliciously dairy-free
shop with Ella’s
From veggie first tastes, to perfect puree blends, marvellous meals + finger foods, there's something for every stage of your little one's weaning journey!
ready for weaning?
We’re here to help you with your weaning journey. Find top baby weaning tips, videos + guides, covering everything you need to know for the first steps of your little one's weaning journey!