Dippy Pea Guacamole
perfect for dipping veggie sticks in!
Chunks of avocado can be very slippery to hold onto, so to make it easier try mashing them up with some peas!
Recipe from our The First Foods Book
- 30 g/1 oz frozen petits pois
- ½ small avocado, stoned
- 1 teaspoon lime or lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons baby’s usual milk
- A few coriander leaves, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 soft wholemeal tortilla cut into fingers, to serve
- Steamed vegetable sticks, to serve
- Steam or boil the petits pois in a small saucepan over a medium heat for 3–4 minutes until tender. Drain, if necessary, + tip into a bowl.
- Scoop out the avocado flesh into the bowl + pour in the citrus juice + milk. Using the back of a fork, mash together until almost smooth. Alternatively, purée using a hand blender. To make the purée smoother, pass it through a sieve after blending.
- Stir in the coriander (if using). Serve with the tortilla + vegetable sticks.
Swap This For That
To make it even quicker to prep, use Ella's Kitchen Peas Peas Peas pouch instead of petit pois! Easy peasy!Learn more
Yummy For Babies
This would be great on toast with a poched egg!
Fun For Little Ones
Scrummy finger food! Little hands can dip Ella's Kitchen Melty Sticks or cooked veggie sticks into the guacamole - great for learning to get different shaped foods into their mouths.
loved this recipe? try these…
Tasty tomato salsa dip recipe
Arrrrriba! Tickly tiny taste buds + put those little fingers to work with this tangy Mexican-y tomato salsa dip!
Marvellous Minty Pea + Avocado Dip
An avolicious minty dip using Ella's Kitchen Peas Peas Peas! Just right for Little Veg Lovers at lunch time!
shop with Ella’s
From veggie first tastes, to perfect puree blends, marvellous meals + finger foods, there's something for every stage of your little one's weaning journey!
ready for weaning?
We’re here to help you with your weaning journey. Find top baby weaning tips, videos + guides, covering everything you need to know for the first steps of your little one's weaning journey!