Easy Cheesy Eggy Bread
This cheesy twist on eggy bread is perfect for breakfast – or lunch or tea!
Make sure the fingers have cooled enough for little hands to hold.
Recipe from our The First Foods Book
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons baby’s usual milk
- 10 g/¼ oz Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1 slice of thick wholemeal bread
- 10 g/¼ oz unsalted butter
- Mix together the egg, milk + Parmesan in a shallow bowl. Add the bread + press it down lightly to immerse it in the egg mixture.
- Heat the butter in a nonstick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the egg-soaked bread + cook for 2–3 minutes on each side until golden + slightly crisp. Cut into fingers + serve.
Fun for little ones
Older little ones can help dip the bread in the eggy mixture.
A pinch of nutmeg adds a delicious taste twist
loved this recipe? try these…
shop with Ella’s
From veggie first tastes, to perfect puree blends, marvellous meals + finger foods, there's something for every stage of your little one's weaning journey!
ready for weaning?
We’re here to help you with your weaning journey. Find top baby weaning tips, videos + guides, covering everything you need to know for the first steps of your little one's weaning journey!
join Ella’s friends for your free weaning pack
Welcome to the Ella's Kitchen family! As one of our very special friends, you can look forward to a free weaning chart in the post and handy emails with lots of tips, offers, competitions + more!