Melt In The Mouth Turkey Meatballs
These lightly spiced turkey meatballs make the perfect finger food with hummus + vegetable sticks.
- 150 g/5½ oz turkey mince, about 7 percent fat
- 15 g/¾ oz fresh day-old breadcrumbs
- 30g/1 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- ½ teaspoon mild smoked paprika or favourite spice mix
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- olive oil, for cooking
- freshly ground black pepper
- To serve:
- Cous cous
- Cooked fine green beans
- Cooked carrots, cut into 1 cm/½ inch wide sticks
- Put the turkey mince in a mixing bowl with the breadcrumbs, feta, spring onions and garlic. Next, add the paprika and thyme, season with pepper and mix everything together with your hands. Shape the mixture into 24 round balls, about 1 tablespoon of the mixture each, then flatten the tops slightly.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and pour in enough oil to lightly coat the bottom. Cook the turkey balls in two batches for 4 minutes on each side until light golden and cooked through. Add an extra splash of oil when needed.
- Serve the meatballs cut into quarters as finger food with hummus, couscous and vegetable sticks. Any leftover meatballs will keep in the fridge in a lidded container for up to 3 days. To reheat place the meatballs in a baking dish, cover with foil, and warm in the oven until heated through.
loved this recipe? try these…
shop with Ella’s
From veggie first tastes, to perfect puree blends, marvellous meals + finger foods, there's something for every stage of your little one's weaning journey!
ready for weaning?
We’re here to help you with your weaning journey. Find top baby weaning tips, videos + guides, covering everything you need to know for the first steps of your little one's weaning journey!