Salmon + Pea Mmm-macaroni
This simple salmon pasta recipe is bound to go down swimmingly with all the family!
- 300 g/10½ oz dried macaroni or pasta shape of choice
- 140 g/5 oz small broccoli florets
- 175 g/6 oz frozen petit pois
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 200 ml/7 fl oz low-salt chicken or vegetable stock
- 100 g/3½ oz crème fraiche
- finely grated zest of ½ small unwaxed lemon
- 200 g/7 oz cooked salmon (fillets or canned with no added salt), skin and bones removed, flaked into pieces
- juice of 1 unwaxed lemon
- freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the pasta in a saucepan of boiling water following the instructions on the packet until tender. When the water returns to the boil, add the broccoli, then tip in the peas 3 minutes later. Drain the pasta and vegetables, reserving a cupful of the cooking water.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a large, deep frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes until softened. Turn the heat down slightly, stir in the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Pour the stock into the pan and cook for a minute or so until slightly reduced, then stir in the crème fraiche and lemon zest. Warm through the sauce before adding the salmon, lemon juice, pasta and vegetables and enough cooking water to coat the pasta in a creamy sauce. Season with pepper and toss gently until combined and heated through.
- Spoon into bowls and serve, finely chopping or lightly mashing the pasta and vegetables, if needed. Any leftovers will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days, add a splash of milk or water when reheating to loosen the pasta.
loved this recipe? try these…
Cheery Chickpea Hummus, Crunchy Cucumber + Tomatoes
Try our perfectly balanced picky plate with your little kids!
shop with Ella’s
From veggie first tastes, to perfect puree blends, marvellous meals + finger foods, there's something for every stage of your little one's weaning journey!
ready for weaning?
We’re here to help you with your weaning journey. Find top baby weaning tips, videos + guides, covering everything you need to know for the first steps of your little one's weaning journey!