Toasty Tortilla Triangles
These perfectly packed veggie parcels make four tasty tortilla samosas.
- 2 teaspoons sunflower oil, plus extra for the cooking the tortilla
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 50 g/1¾ oz canned chickpeas, drained
- 100 g/3½ oz cooked potato, cut into small pieces
- 30 g/1 oz frozen petit pois, defrosted
- 2 teaspoons mild curry powder
- 1 medium-sized soft tortilla
- 20 g/¾ oz cheddar cheese, grated
- To serve
- Cooked red pepper, cut into 1 cm/½ inch wide sticks
- Cooked carrot, cut into 1 cm/½ inch wide sticks
- Heat the oil in a large, non-stick frying pan and fry the spring onions, garlic and chickpeas for 2 minutes. Stir in the cooked potato, peas and curry powder. Cook until warmed through, then mash with the back of a fork to break everything down into small pieces. Transfer to a bowl to cool slightly
- Wipe the frying pan clean and place the tortilla in the pan over a medium heat and warm slightly to make it easier to fold
- Spoon a quarter of the potato mixture onto the centre of the warm tortilla and scatter over the cheese. Fold in the sides of the tortilla to make a square parcel and enclose the filling
- Add a splash of oil to the frying pan and warm over a medium heat. Place the tortilla parcel in the pan, seam-side down, for 2–3 minutes, then turn it over and cook for another 2–3 minutes until light golden. Remove from the heat, leave to cool for a few minutes, then cut diagonally into quarters. Serve the tortilla samosa with red pepper and carrot sticks
loved this recipe? try these…
Chick-chick-chicken Fingers + Dunky Dip
These Chick Chick Chicken Fingers make the perfect finger food to dunk into the creamy corn dip.
shop with Ella’s
From veggie first tastes, to perfect puree blends, marvellous meals + finger foods, there's something for every stage of your little one's weaning journey!
ready for weaning?
We’re here to help you with your weaning journey. Find top baby weaning tips, videos + guides, covering everything you need to know for the first steps of your little one's weaning journey!