Oh-so floaty, these light, sweet omelettes are like delicious clouds on your plate. Just be careful they don’t float away before you eat them all up!
- 300 g/10 oz strawberries, hulled + halved
- 3 x eggs, separated and set aside individually
- 2 x teaspoons clear honey
- 1 x teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 x teaspoons coconut or sunflower oil
- Thick cream or natural yogurt
- 2 x handfuls of blueberries, halved, to serve
- Mash or purée half the strawberries to make a fruit sauce, then set aside. Using a hand whisk, whisk the egg whites in a grease-free bowl until they form soft peaks. Gradually add the honey + vanilla, whisking until the whites are stiff + glossy. Fold in the yolks.
- Preheat the grill to medium–high. Melt half the oil in a large frying pan with a heatproof handle + swirl to coat the base. Tip a large serving spoonful of the frothy egg mixture into the pan + spread it out with a spatula into a round. Repeat with a second serving spoonful to cook two ‘clouds’ at once. Cook over a medium–low heat for 2–3 minutes until the base is set + light golden. Transfer the pan to the grill + cook the top until just set.
- Slide the ‘clouds’ onto a serving plate + top with mashed or puréed strawberries, the cream or yogurt + the halved strawberries + blueberries. Repeat, making clouds two at a time, until all the mixture is used up.
Fun For Little Ones
Little hands can pop the strawberries into a bowl + even have a go at mashing!
Swap This For That
Instead of making a strawberry sauce, use 1 x 120 g pouch of Ella’s Kitchen strawberries + apples.