Sweet Potatoes, Carrots, Cheese + Broccoli Puree
A super smoooth, scrummy blend of veggies that'll tickle tiny taste buds ready to try new + exciting flavours!
Have fun making this puree with your little one.
- 1 x small sweet potato (about 150 g/5½ oz), peeled + diced
- 1 x small carrot (about 60 g/2¼ oz), peeled + thinly sliced
- ¼ small head broccoli (about 90 g/3¼ oz) cut into small florets
- 10 g/¼ oz Cheddar cheese, finely grated
- Steam or boil the sweet potato in a saucepan over a medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the carrot + cook for a further 5 minutes, then add the broccoli + continue to cook for a further 5 minutes until all the vegetables are tender.
- Purée the vegetables with the cheese + 4 tablespoons of boiled water in a food processor, or using a hand blender, until smooth.
Swap this for that
Swap cheese for lentils for a scrummy dairy-free option
Add a pinch of mixed herbs to tingle tiny taste buds!
loved this recipe? try these…
shop with Ella’s
From veggie first tastes, to perfect puree blends, marvellous meals + finger foods, there's something for every stage of your little one's weaning journey!
ready for weaning?
We’re here to help you with your weaning journey. Find top baby weaning tips, videos + guides, covering everything you need to know for the first steps of your little one's weaning journey!
join Ella’s friends for your free weaning pack
Welcome to the Ella's Kitchen family! As one of our very special friends, you can look forward to a free weaning chart in the post and handy emails with lots of tips, offers, competitions + more!