Introducing…Courgetterpillar! Try this easy cheesy foodie fun recipe with your little ones. Perfect for keeping little fingers busy.
Using just three suuuper simple ingredients you can create this cute creepy crawly at home
- 1 courgette half peeled (keep the peelings for its little feet)
- 40g cream cheese
- 40g grated cheddar
- 1x wooden skewer (soaked in water)
- Chop the end stalk off the courgette + peel one half of the courgette (keep the peel to use as his little feet)
- Cut the courgette into discs - leaving the rounded end (head) a bit thicker
- Mix cream cheese + cheddar together and spread a layer over each of courgette disc
- Starting with the head - place on the skewer alternating peeled + unpeeled discs
- Cut circles out for his eyes
- Roast in the oven at 180’C fan for 40 minutes + cool before gobbling up!
- Remove the skewer for safety reasons!
Listen to my crunch as you chop chop chop
Sensory tip for older ones
Let older little ones help mix the cream cheese + cheese together
loved this recipe? try these…
shop with Ella’s
From veggie first tastes, to perfect puree blends, marvellous meals + finger foods, there's something for every stage of your little one's weaning journey!
ready for weaning?
We’re here to help you with your weaning journey. Find top baby weaning tips, videos + guides, covering everything you need to know for the first steps of your little one's weaning journey!
join Ella’s friends for your free weaning pack
Welcome to the Ella's Kitchen family! As one of our very special friends, you can look forward to a free weaning chart in the post and handy emails with lots of tips, offers, competitions + more!