Fun in the sunshine face
Brighten up your day with this easy peasy recipe! Perfect for keeping little fingers busy dipping!
- 70g diced butternut squash
- 1 x hardboiled egg (for protein as to be suitable for a complete meal)
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 steamed/roasted yellow pepper
- 1/4 wholemeal wrap
- steamed/roasted red pepper / olives for eyes and smile
- Steam butternut squash until soft.
- Boil a medium egg for 5 minutes.
- Blend both together with paprika until smooth.
- Lightly toast wrap and cut into triangles.
- Cut yellow pepper into triangles.
- Assemble face
Fun For Little Ones
Show little ones how different the egg looks in and out of its shell!
Egg - Smell me when I am being peeled
Paprika – Smell me to tingle your nose
Swap this for that
For an orange sun, swap the squash for sweet potato and the yellow pepper for orange
For older little ones
Older little ones can help spread out the squash mixture and assemble the sun face
loved this recipe? try these…
shop with Ella’s
From veggie first tastes, to perfect puree blends, marvellous meals + finger foods, there's something for every stage of your little one's weaning journey!
ready for weaning?
We’re here to help you with your weaning journey. Find top baby weaning tips, videos + guides, covering everything you need to know for the first steps of your little one's weaning journey!
join Ella’s friends for your free weaning pack
Welcome to the Ella's Kitchen family! As one of our very special friends, you can look forward to a free weaning chart in the post and handy emails with lots of tips, offers, competitions + more!