Cheep cheep chick pasta nests
Try these egg-cellent meatball chick pasta nests to keep little hands busy!
Foodie fun for all the family!
- 75g lean minced beef
- 1 x tablespoon finely chopped coriander
- 20g fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 x small egg, lightly beaten
- Olive oil, for frying
- 1 x black olive
- Some mozzarella to decorate
- Some cooked carrot to decorate
- Place the mince, coriander + breadcrumbs in a bowl and stir until combined. Add enough of the beaten egg to bind everything together (you won’t need it all). Divide the mixture into 6 walnut sized pieces + shape into meatballs. Transfer to a plate, cover with clingfilm + chill for 20 minutes to firm up slightly
- Heat enough oil to coat the base of a large, nonstick frying pan + cook the meatballs in 2 batches each for 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until browned all over + cooked through
- Cook one ball of dried tagliatelle, then divide it into three ‘nests’ on a plate
- Pop your meatball chick into the nest
- Top with mozzarella + cut olives for eyes and cooked carrot for the beak + enjoy!
loved this recipe? try these…
shop with Ella’s
From veggie first tastes, to perfect puree blends, marvellous meals + finger foods, there's something for every stage of your little one's weaning journey!
ready for weaning?
We’re here to help you with your weaning journey. Find top baby weaning tips, videos + guides, covering everything you need to know for the first steps of your little one's weaning journey!
join Ella’s friends for your free weaning pack
Welcome to the Ella's Kitchen family! As one of our very special friends, you can look forward to a free weaning chart in the post and handy emails with lots of tips, offers, competitions + more!