chick-chick-Chicken Sweet Potato Bake recipe
a deliciously warming meal for the whole family to enjoy, packed full of veg!
Super easy to cook-up using Ella's Kitchen Sweet potatoes, Broccoli + Carrots pouch.
- 1x Ella's Kitchen Sweet potatoes, Broccoli + Carrots pouch
- 350g sweet potato
- 200g leek
- 100g shredded chicken
- 80g mature cheddar cheese
- 150ml milk
- Drizzle of vegetable oil
- Peel the sweet potatoes + slice into thin disks.
- Par-boil for 7 minutes.
- Chop leeks finely + cook in a pan with oil over a medium heat until soft.
- In a sauce pan, add the milk, bring to a simmer and add the grated cheese + Sweet Potatoes, Broccoli + Carrots Pouch, stir until melted.
- Drain potatoes and layer half of the potato disks in an oven proof dish.
- Cover the layer of potatoes with the cooked leek + chicken then put the second half of the potato over the leek.
- Pour the cheese sauce evenly over the potato.
- Bake in the oven at 190’C for 22 minutes.
- Mash down to for little ones from 7 months.
Swap this for that
You can always swap sweet potato for butternut squash
Sweet potato contains a type of vitamin A which helps your little ones vision develop!
Fun for little ones
Let your little one explore the different veggies with all their senses while you are preparing them. Talk about the different textures, colours + shapes.
loved this recipe? try these…
shop with Ella’s
From veggie first tastes, to perfect puree blends, marvellous meals + finger foods, there's something for every stage of your little one's weaning journey!
ready for weaning?
We’re here to help you with your weaning journey. Find top baby weaning tips, videos + guides, covering everything you need to know for the first steps of your little one's weaning journey!
join Ella’s friends for your free weaning pack
Welcome to the Ella's Kitchen family! As one of our very special friends, you can look forward to a free weaning chart in the post and handy emails with lots of tips, offers, competitions + more!