Mushroom and Lentil Burgers
Mushroom and Lentil burgers
Get the whole family involved with creating these marvellous mushroom and lentil burgers.
- 250g mushrooms
- 1 medium white onion (90g)
- 240g cooked green lentils
- 100g breadcrumbs
- 20g tomato puree
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce (Leave this out for a veggie recipe)
- Add chopped mushrooms, garlic and onion to a frying pan
- Cook on a medium heat until soft- for approximately 8-10 minutes
- Add tomato puree and Worcestershire sauce- cook for 2 more minutes
- Put mixture into a blender, add lentils and egg and blend down until smooth
- Once smooth, add in the breadcrumbs and make sure these are fully blended through the mix
- Leave to stand for 20 minutes, to allow the breadcrumbs to firm up the mixture
- Divide into 25g blobs and shape into patties. Tip- keep a bowl of cold water to hand to stop the mixture sticking to you
- Cook in a lightly oiled frying pan over a medium heat for 3 minutes each side
- Suitable for home freezing and refrigerate for up to 5 days
These are yummy straight from the pan but can also be eaten cold – Great for lunchboxes and picnics!
Leave out the worcestershire sauce to have a yummy veggie recipe!