Mushroom and Lentil Burgers
Get the whole family involved with creating these marvellous mushroom and lentil burgers.
A tasty treat, sure to be a hit with all the family!
- 250g mushrooms
- 1 medium white onion (90g)
- 240g cooked green lentils
- 100g breadcrumbs
- 20g tomato puree
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce (Leave this out for a veggie recipe)
- Add chopped mushrooms, garlic and onion to a frying pan
- Cook on a medium heat until soft- for approximately 8-10 minutes
- Add tomato puree and Worcestershire sauce- cook for 2 more minutes
- Put mixture into a blender, add lentils and egg and blend down until smooth
- Once smooth, add in the breadcrumbs and make sure these are fully blended through the mix
- Leave to stand for 20 minutes, to allow the breadcrumbs to firm up the mixture
- Divide into 25g blobs and shape into patties. Tip- keep a bowl of cold water to hand to stop the mixture sticking to you
- Cook in a lightly oiled frying pan over a medium heat for 3 minutes each side
- Suitable for home freezing and refrigerate for up to 5 days
These are yummy straight from the pan but can also be eaten cold - great for lunchboxes and picnics!
Leave out the worcestershire sauce to have a yummy veggie recipe!
loved this recipe? try these…
shop with Ella’s
From veggie first tastes, to perfect puree blends, marvellous meals + finger foods, there's something for every stage of your little one's weaning journey!
ready for weaning?
We’re here to help you with your weaning journey. Find top baby weaning tips, videos + guides, covering everything you need to know for the first steps of your little one's weaning journey!
join Ella’s friends for your free weaning pack
Welcome to the Ella's Kitchen family! As one of our very special friends, you can look forward to a free weaning chart in the post and handy emails with lots of tips, offers, competitions + more!