- 280 g/10 oz dried spaghetti
- 1 x courgette, diced
- 2 x teaspoons olive oil
- 1 x large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 350 g/12 oz canned red salmon in water, drained, any skin + bones removed + flesh flaked
- 100 ml/3½ fl oz double cream
- 50 ml/2 fl oz whole milk
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 x teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 2–3 x tablespoons snipped chives
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the pasta in a saucepan of boiling water according to the packet instructions until tender, adding the courgette 2 minutes before the end of the cooking time. Drain, reserving the cooking water. Return the pasta + courgette to the pan.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a saucepan over a low heat + cook the garlic for 1 minute until softened, stirring + taking care not to let it brown. Stir in the salmon, then pour in the cream + milk + warm through for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the lemon juice, lemon rind + chives. Season with a little pepper + warm through gently. Pour the sauce over the pasta, add tablespoons of the reserved cooking water+ warm through over a low heat, tossing until combined. Finely chop the pasta for babies before serving.
Fun For Little Ones
Cook a bit of extra spaghetti + let your little one use it for spaghetti painting. Dip the strands in paint + squiggle them across some paper.
Little ones love slurping spaghetti but chop it up if they're struggling.
loved this recipe? try these…
Fabulous Fish Pie
Filled with under-the-sea goodness, this fabulous fish pie is perfect for the whole family!
Squishy Salmon Fishcakes
Break out your artistic side + create lots of squishy fishy goodness with lots of squishy fishy style.
shop with Ella’s
From veggie first tastes, to perfect puree blends, marvellous meals + finger foods, there's something for every stage of your little one's weaning journey!
ready for weaning?
We’re here to help you with your weaning journey. Find top baby weaning tips, videos + guides, covering everything you need to know for the first steps of your little one's weaning journey!