This fishy twist on a carbonara uses canned salmon to make it super-easy to put together.
- 280 g/10 oz dried spaghetti
- 1 x courgette, diced
- 2 x teaspoons olive oil
- 1 x large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 350 g/12 oz canned red salmon in water, drained, any skin + bones removed + flesh flaked
- 100 ml/3½ fl oz double cream
- 50 ml/2 fl oz whole milk
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 x teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 2–3 x tablespoons snipped chives
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the pasta in a saucepan of boiling water according to the packet instructions until tender, adding the courgette 2 minutes before the end of the cooking time. Drain, reserving the cooking water. Return the pasta + courgette to the pan.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a saucepan over a low heat + cook the garlic for 1 minute until softened, stirring + taking care not to let it brown. Stir in the salmon, then pour in the cream + milk + warm through for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the lemon juice, lemon rind + chives. Season with a little pepper + warm through gently. Pour the sauce over the pasta, add tablespoons of the reserved cooking water + warm through over a low heat, tossing until combined. Finely chop the pasta for babies before serving.
Fun For Little Ones
Cook a bit of extra spaghetti + let your little one use it for spaghetti painting. Dip the strands in paint + squiggle them across some paper
Little ones love slurping spaghetti but chop it up if they're struggling