Spiced Pear Rice Pud
- 200 ml/7 fl oz baby’s usual milk (plus extra if needed)
- 25 g/1 oz risotto rice
- ½ teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 ripe pear, peeled, cored and chopped
- Pour the milk into a small saucepan and stir in the rice. Bring the milk almost to the boil,then reduce the heat, cover with a lid andsimmer for 15 minutes, stirring frequently,until the rice starts to soften.
- Add the mixed spice and pear, stir well and continue to cook, covered, for 15 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent the rice sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Using the back of a fork, mash the rice pudding until almost smooth, adding a little extra milk if necessary. Alternatively, purée in a food processor or using a hand blender.
Swap This For That
Swap pears for mango, peach, apple or banana. Tinned + frozen fruit are also great options!
Give your little one cooked pear fingers or sticks of soft fruit to help them learn to feed themselves
loved this recipe? try these…
Banana + Coconut Rice Pudding
A wonderfully warming rice pudding using Ella's Kitchen Bananas + Coconuts pouch! Deeelicious!
Totally Tropical Pancakes
Our Totally Tropical Pancakes are made with The Yellow One Smoothie Fruit! They're super tasty + fluffy making them the perfect sunny start to the day!
shop with Ella’s
From veggie first tastes, to perfect puree blends, marvellous meals + finger foods, there's something for every stage of your little one's weaning journey!
ready for weaning?
We’re here to help you with your weaning journey. Find top baby weaning tips, videos + guides, covering everything you need to know for the first steps of your little one's weaning journey!